Pages

Tuesday, September 20

Why do girls

Paul talks about conduct befitting our calling which is why I'm curious where the boundary of discernment stops and judgment begins. 

Last night I was stunned to see pictures, posted online, of a teenage girl I know at a high school football game.She was wearing black volleyball spandex shorts and a camisole that was a little too short. She had painted the school name on the back of the shorts that matched the body paint on her face, arms, legs, and midriff. You couldn't miss her.  Everything about her screamed,"look at me."  The reason I was stunned... I know her father.

The outfit wasn't just a poor decision or a lapse of judgment. No other student, in the student section, came close to such an outfit, or more fittingly, the lack thereof. My question is why she thought attending a football game dressed for a slumber party was a good choice? Where were her friends, who were appropriately dressed, saying whoa, put something on? There is a difference between good attention and bad attention. I will speculate her attire and behavior didn't draw too much honorable attention or respect. I suspect the effect may be a little different than she hoped.

I hope Samantha realizes, as soon as possible, how much more she has to offer than skin. Her intelligence, sense of humor, talent, compassion, and other attributes are far more valuable. It is those qualities that will have a positive impact in this world. It is those attributes that will attract a gentleman. Someone, hopefully her mother or female mentor, explains her physical attributes are to be saved for the one person who will value her as a person first, who will honor and respect her, and who will commit to her.
.

Proverbs says that a reputation is more valuable than silver and gold. The Bible also addresses the almost impossible task of regaining one's reputation once it is lost.

I now pray she will understand God made her, designed her for a specific purpose that ascribes immeasurable worth to her simply because she is a child of God.

Have a good and godly day.

No comments: